Remove delta-homes.com, removal instructions
Download Spyware Doctor To Remove This Virus "Spyware Doctor delivers powerful protection against spyware and adware threats. Spyware Doctor is honored by many of the world’s leading PC mags, including PC World, PC Magazine, and CNET."
Remove delta-homes.com, removal instructions
If you’re reading this it is probably safe to say that delta-homes.com hijacked your web browser. Having your browser overtaken by force can be a real pain and actually leave you feeling quite violated – as well as being really annoyed!
So apart from wanting to wreak vengeance upon the perpetrators of the hijacking, what should you do if you’ve had your browser hijacked by delta-homes.com search engine? Well, due to the proliferation of hijacking, there are also thankfully a wide number of tools to deal with the problem, so let’s take a look at how you can safeguard your browser and what you should do in the event that you have become a victim of this irritating issue.
You’ve heard the saying that prevention is better than cure – well that definitely applies to all forms of malware but the fact is that the likelihood of you being hijacked is directly related to your own internet browsing habits.
You could argue that people who hijack browsers have rather questionable ethics and they also tend to stick to what they know and as such as the type of websites that host attacking programs are normally those that fall under rather dubious categories, however, Delta-home and similar browser hijackers are also distributed via software download websites and even come bundled with other applications.
If you have been unfortunate enough to have had your browser hijacked, regardless of whether or not you’ve visited the types of websites mentioned above (after all, it can happen to the best of us!) what should you do to rectify the problem?
The best scenario if your browser has been hijacked is that you have a repair program installed on your PC, but if you don’t you will probably find the issue harder to tackle as a lot of hijackers, including delta-homes.com, configure their programs so that you are prevented from simply restoring your default browser settings. If this is the case you will need to follow the delta-homes.com removal guide below very carefully.
There are a great number of software programs out there that can do the job although they may differ by which type of browser hijack they can identify. One thing to definitely be aware of however is the growing number of rogue or fake anti-virus and repair programs which are basically just scams that will end up infecting your computer with even more unwanted software – some of which can potentially be extremely dangerous and can corrupt your system, steal your files and even take screen shots of the web pages you are viewing. Others, called keyloggers, can log the keys that you type and they will record and transmit data that you have entered – and yes, that includes your passwords and credit card information.
Some of the reputable repair tools work by running scans on your files and then making them immune to future attacks whilst others let you see which programs are on your system when you log on so that you can decide whether you want to allow them to run or not. This is the best form of defense against malware that has been coded in such a way that it cannot be stopped or removed after it has begun running.
So what is your next step? Remove the browser hijack and if you don’t have anti-virus and anti-spyware installed do so now. And if you do already have it? You might want to consider changing it or even adding another program alongside it so that you can be sure that future malware is detected before it does any damage.
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Delta-homes.com removal instructions:
1. First of all, download recommended anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this browser hijacker from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this infection. Hopefully you won’t have to do that.
2. Uninstall delta-homes.com related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel”.
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove eSave Security Control, GoPlayer, Desk 365 and any other recently installed application. It won’t be listed as delta-homes.com in the currently installed programs list. So, either look for applications mentioned here or try to remember what software you installed recently. It’s probably the culprit.
Simply select the application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you’re done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove delta-homes.com from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Customize and control Google Chrome icon. Select Settings.
2. Click Set pages under the On startup.
Remove delta-homes.com by clicking the “X” mark as shown in the image below.
3. Click Show Home button under Appearance. Then click Change.
Select Use the New Tab page and click OK to save changes.
4. Click Manager search engines button under Search.
Select Google or any other search engine you like from the list and make it your default search engine provider.
Select delta-homes.com from the list and remove it by clicking the “X” mark as shown in the image below.
5. Right-click the Google Chrome shortcut you are using to open your web browser and select Properties.
6. Select Shortcut tab and remove “http://www.delta-homes.com….” from the Target field and click OK to save changes. Basically, there should be only the path to Chrome executable file. Nothing more.
Remove delta-homes.com from Mozilla Firefox:
1. In the URL address bar, type about:config and hit Enter.
Click I’ll be careful, I promise! to continue.
In the search filter at the top, type: delta-homes
Now, you should see all the preferences that were changed by delta-homes. Right-click on the preference and select Reset to restore default value. Reset all found preferences!
4. Right-click the Mozilla Firefox shortcut you are using to open your web browser and select Properties.
5. Select Shortcut tab and remove “http://www.delta-homes.com….” from the Target field and click OK to save changes. Basically, there should be only the path to Firefox executable file.
Remove delta-homes.com in Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons.
2. Select Search Providers. First of all, choose Live Search search engine and make it your default web search provider (Set as default).
3. Select delta-homes.com and click Remove to remove it. Close the window.
4. Right-click the Internet Explorer shortcut you are using to open your web browser and select Properties.
5. Select Shortcut tab and remove “http://www.delta-homes.com….” from the Target field and click OK to save changes. Basically, there should be only the path to Internet Explorer executable file.
6. Finally, go to Tools → Internet Options and restore your home page to default. That’s it!